Monday 14 March 2011

scroll code

well, the main scroll routine has been written and debugged, I wanted 2 way scrolling (left - right & vice verse)
and i wanted this silky smooth and fast, I also wanted this full screen open borders.

I was going to use vsp for shifting the screen data but have opted for the more traditional method. but have achived the speed I want by using self modifying code. the scroll routine as such is really compact and fast.

I is very chuffed with it and am now adding in control code so boober can run up & down hills.

when this is complete I will post a vid of it in action.

on a different note,  set this blog up to log the creation stages of this game, I did not set up this blog to post daily updates. I dont work on boober everyday , I work fulltime, I have 2 kids etc etc etc. updates happen as and when.

keep watching

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am Dan Kingsley, Curator at bundlecult.com. We are a trusted retailer with experience in bundling applications and games of over 5 years with our sister
    site, Macbundler.
    As a perfect follow-up to our just ended Mac app deal. BundleCult has launched a new game bundle packs for both Mac, Linux and PC user. You can pay as much as you want to get the first two games and Beat the current average price to get all 10 games.
    That’s not all, we've partnered with Strange loop games to offer free license keys for Vessel and Shattered Haven when you share our bundle offer with friends.

    Featured games now include: Gunslug 2, Depth Hunter 2, Orborun, Quest run, Incoming forces, Tiestru, Frozen Hearth, Lightfish, Northmark: Hour of the wolf, Gare sapphire mechs.

    Secret to our success and idea behind bundlecult is strong reputation with affiliates and a passionate team. Our just ended Mac bundle was an absolute success that paid out over $1000 to affiliates. If you missed out on our promotion, you owe it to yourself to grab the next one - you’ll be glad you did!

    We would like to partner with you in getting this incredible indie bundle to the larger audience it deserves. Affiliates earn 20% commission per sale.
    A campaign image has been attached to this email. I do hope we can get your thoughts on this offer
    http://www.bundlecult.com/affiliates/register.php

    Kind Regards,
    Dan
    dan@bundlecult.com
    summer_mayhem.png

    ReplyDelete